[Dovecot] Quota warnings and LMTP

Adam Szpakowski as at 3a.pl
Fri Feb 17 16:17:31 EET 2012

On 17.02.2012 14:40, joshua at hybrid.pl wrote:
> Hello,
Hi,
> I have dovecot 2.0 configured with virtual users in MySQL, SMTP is
> handled by exim which uses dovecot LMTP transport.
>
> I'd like to test quota warning messages, but in wiki2 there is only
> an example for delivering it with dovecot-lda. I tried several ways
> of using lmtp binary, but without success.
>
> How to replace this:
>
> cat << EOF | /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda -d $USER -o
> "plugin/quota=maildir:User quota:noenforcing"
> From: postmaster at domain.com
> Subject: quota warning
>
> Your mailbox is now $PERCENT% full.
> EOF
>
> with lmtp?
As far as I known, there is no specific config for LMTP transport when
quota is considered.

When testing quota messages, the most problems for me was with the fact,
that the warning is triggered only when the limit is reached. Only once
for each limit.

The script we are using:

#!/bin/bash
PERCENT=$1
USER=$2
DOMAIN=$3

cat << EOF | /usr/lib/dovecot/dovecot-lda -d $USER -o
"plugin/quota=dict:User quota::noenforcing:proxy::quota"
From: postmaster@$DOMAIN
Subject: ostrzeżenie o przekroczeniu wolnego miejsca / quota warning

Twa skrzynka jest zapełniona w $PERCENT%.

--
Adam Szpakowski