[Dovecot] IMAP-proxy or not with sogo webmail and dovecot backend

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Feb 21 22:36:32 EET 2012

On 21.2.2012, at 16.33, Ed W wrote:

> I'm also pleased to see that there is little negative cost in using a proxy... I recently added imap-proxy to our webmail setup because I wanted to log "last login + logout" times.  I haven't quite figured out how to best log "logout time" (Timo, any chance of a post logout script? Or perhaps it's possible with the current login scripting?).

You could of course grep the logs, but other than that you'd need to write a Dovecot plugin. Luckily it's really simple to write a plugin. Basically:

void postlogout_init(struct module *module) { }
void postlogout_deinit(void) {
  system("/usr/local/bin/dovecot-postlogout.sh");
}

Add a few missing #includes and compile and enable for imap/pop3 and that should be it.