[Dovecot] Why is dovecot involved in my smtp process

Thu Feb 23 17:47:25 EET 2012

On 2012-02-23 10:16 AM, Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com> wrote:
> Why is dovecot involved in my smtp processes

Because you told it to?

> and how do I fix this.

Depends on what your intent is - what MTA you use - how it is configured
- etc...

> I've got some very mad users.

Don't make changes to an existing and/or go live with a new system
without properly testing?

> The 10-auth.conf file is pretty much
> stock except for allowing plain text logins.

This file is irrelevant unless you have your MTA configured to use
dovecot-sasl... dovecot only *assists* an MTA in authenticating, it
isn't an MTA.

--

Best regards,

Charles