[Dovecot] value for client_limit

Mon Feb 27 13:51:11 EET 2012

On 2012-02-26 8:11 PM, ml <ml at smtp.fakessh.eu> wrote:
> but what the correct value for client limit
> in
> service auth { client_limit=6000 }
> and
> service anvil { client_limit=6000 }

Timo already replied that yours should be fine, but I'd just add...

You can now use doveconf -d to see what the default values for any
setting should be (thanks for adding that Timo!)... and the default
values for both of these are 0.

Two lessons I learned a long time ago when I first installed and started
using postfix:

1. never change a default value/setting without a very good reason

2. never just randomly start changing values of settings in an attempt
to fix a problem unless you understand precisely what these changes do

So, either you changed them, or the CentOS package that you used changed
them (most likely), which is one reason (among many others) that I would
never use such systems for mission critical applications.

I think Timo, like Wietse (postfix's author) does his best to set sane
default values which should not be changed without a good reason.

--

Best regards,

Charles