[Dovecot] testing fts-solr?

Jean-Daniel Beaubien jd.beaubien at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 02:14:57 EET 2012

Ok, I had to fix a few things. First of all, I had to declare mail_plugins
= fts fts_solr in global file (dovecot.conf). After doing that, running
doveadm fts optimize stopped giving me errors.

I ran doveadm index -user INBOX (and other folders). I'm assuming this
actually did something because java/tomcat6 were really busy for a few mins
and I could see the solr logs going nuts (/var/log/tomcat6/catalina.out).

However, whenever I run a search thru thunderbird (searching the
from/to/subject/body fields), I don't see anything related to solr in the
dovecot logs (I never see the line you mentioned or anything
close: indexer-worker(user at domain): Info: Indexed 1 messages in INBOX).

After playing with the logging level, I manage to see this in the logs:
Feb 27 19:12:19 mba-server dovecot: imap: Debug: Loading modules from
directory: /var/opt/dovecot/lib/dovecot
Feb 27 19:12:19 mba-server dovecot: imap: Debug: Module loaded:
/var/opt/dovecot/lib/dovecot/lib20_fts_plugin.so
Feb 27 19:12:19 mba-server dovecot: imap: Debug: Module loaded:
/var/opt/dovecot/lib/dovecot/lib20_zlib_plugin.so
Feb 27 19:12:19 mba-server dovecot: imap: Debug: Module loaded:
/var/opt/dovecot/lib/dovecot/lib21_fts_solr_plugin.so

But nothing indicating that solr_plugin is being used. Any idea? i'd really
like to be able to clearly see that I'm using solr.

Regards,

-JD