[Dovecot] Multiple userdb possible?

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at noa.gr
Tue Feb 7 12:07:56 EET 2012

Hello,

I am running v2.0.13. In my dovecot.conf I have:

userdb {
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-usrdb-ldap.conf
   driver = ldap
}

passdb {
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-passdb-ldap.conf
   driver = ldap
}

Is it legitimate to include multiple ldap userdb's, like:

userdb {
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-usrdb-ldap1.conf
   driver = ldap
}

passdb {
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-passdb-ldap1.conf
   driver = ldap
}

userdb {
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-usrdb-ldap2.conf
   driver = ldap
}

passdb {
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-passdb-ldap2.conf
   driver = ldap
}

If it is legitimate (in case configuration is different, please correct
me), in which sequence userdb's are evaluated?

Thanks,
Nick