[Dovecot] LSUB and subscribed folders

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Feb 9 03:59:30 EET 2012

Hi,

I've finally gotten to last year's mail backlog. :)

On 22.12.2011, at 14.34, Peer Heinlein wrote:

> User "bar" has some folders and one shared folder from "foo" if I use the
> "LIST"-command, which should list AFAIK *all* folders:

Yes.

> Using the LSUB-command, which should only list subscribed folders I can see
> some more shared folders. AFAIK the output of LSUB must be always less then
> LIST:

As Michael mentioned, LSUB can show some nonexistent mailboxes also that haven't been unsubscribed.

> And why is /shared/foo/INBOX listed with "HasNoChildren"?

It has no visible existing children (the LSUB entries didn't exist or no longer had necessary ACLs).

> And, btw: Looks like's not possible to use the "doveadm"-command to get a
> list of a user's complete folder list. Maybe "doveadm mailbox" should get
> some extra parameters to geht all folders / only subscribe folders / only
> shared folders:

Yes, that would be nice .. but maybe this is enough for now:
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.1/rev/b600af017598