[Dovecot] Can't view all sub folders or e-mail using Dovecot with Maildir.

Glen Johnson glenmarton at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 23:54:42 EET 2012

I have an IMAP mail server running Postfix, and Dovecot.  I have an old
Notebook computer which I can view all e-mails.  The problem I am having is
when I try to use any other computer on the network to view the e-mail I
can not see the contents of all the folders.  I can see some of the folders
and their content but not all.

To answer a couple of preliminary questions:

dovecot version 2.0.13,
postfix version 2.8.3

dovecot.conf
------------------
# 2.0.13: /usr/pkg/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: NetBSD 4.0.1 i386
auth_debug = yes
auth_verbose = yes
disable_plaintext_auth = no
listen = *
log_path = /var/log/dovecot.log
mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir/
passdb {
  driver = passwd
}
passdb {
  args = /usr/pkg/etc/dovecot/passwd
  driver = passwd-file
}
protocols = imap
service auth {
  user = root
}
service imap-login {
  executable = /usr/pkg/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
}
ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/certs/dovecot.pem
ssl_key = </etc/ssl/private/dovecot.pem
userdb {