[Dovecot] doveadm director proxy

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Tue Feb 14 22:47:51 EET 2012

I'm trying to configure a doveadm service that will proxy trough our
directors, following the recipie at:

	http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Director#Doveadm_server

So on the backends I have:

	service doveadm {
  		inet_listener {
    			port = 24245
    			address = *
  		}
	}
	doveadm_proxy_port = 24245
	local 192.168.42.0/24 {
  		doveadm_password = suPerSeecret
	}

I assume the "local" line is supposed to point at my local network..?

On the directors I have the same, plus:

	protocol doveadm {
  		auth_socket_path = director-userdb
	}

When testing "doveadm quota" on the directors, it complained
quota plugin not being loaded, so I added:

	mail_plugins=quota

Then it complained about "doveadm_password not set, can't authenticate",
so I added:

	doveadm_password = suPerSeecret

in the main section. Now I get trough to my backend servers, but they
complain about:

	dovecot::  doveadm: Error: doveadm client attempted non-PLAIN authentication

Any ideas for what that might be? This is with dovecot v2.0.14.

  -jf