[Dovecot] Where did the message end up?

Dag Nygren dag at newtech.fi
Tue Feb 21 14:56:01 EET 2012

Hi all!

Just migrated out UW-IMAP installation to Dovecot and so far so good.

Had small teething problems though which left me with one question.

The scenario was that I have a set of public folders that are only needed by
the main company group (gid = company). Then there are some external users as
well, not directly in the company group.

I set up the public mailbox with permissions 660, owner me and group
"company". That is the externals didn't have access to the mail folder.

At this point all looked fine, but later there was an email to an external
person and this was passed on to deliver by procmail. Procmail logs says all
was OK, but there is an entry about the public folder not accessible in the
Dovecot log. The email is nowhere to be found.

My question:

Where is the delivered email?

Best
Dag