[Dovecot] Problem with huge IMAP Archive after Courier migration

Preacher preacher_net at gmx.net
Tue Jan 3 18:47:23 EET 2012

Actually I took a look inside the folders right after starting up and
waited for two hours to let Dovecot work.
Saving the whole Maildir into a tar on the same partition also took only
2 hours before.
But nothing did change and when looking at activities with top, the
server was idle, dovecot not indexing.
Also I wasn't able to drag new messages to the folder hierachy.

With courier it takes not more than 5 seconds to download the headers in
a folder containing more than 3.000 messages.