[Dovecot] howto disable indexing on dovecot-lda ?

Adrian Minta adrian.minta at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 15:01:52 EET 2012

On 01/06/12 13:39, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-01-06 at 13:07 +0200, Adrian Minta wrote:
>> Hello,
>> is it possible to disable indexing on dovecot-lda ?
> protocol lda {
>    mail_location = whatever-you-have-now:INDEX=MEMORY
> }
>
>> Right now postfix delivers the mail directly to the nfs server without
>> any problems. If I switch to dovecot-lda the system crashes do to the
>> high I/O and locking.
> Disabling indexing won't disable writing to dovecot-uidlist file. So I
> don't know if disabling indexes actually helps.

I don't have mail_location under "protocol lda":

protocol lda {
   # Address to use when sending rejection mails.
   postmaster_address = postmaster at xxx
   sendmail_path = /usr/lib/sendmail
   auth_socket_path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
   mail_plugins = quota
   syslog_facility = mail
}

The mail_location is present only global. What to do then ?