[Dovecot] dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected (no auth attempts)

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Mon Jan 9 11:27:26 EET 2012

Am 09.01.2012 10:16, schrieb J4K:
> Morning everyone,
>
> 	On the 8th of Jan the TLS/SSL certificate I use with Dovecot expired. I
> replaced it with a new on the 9th of Jan.  I tested this with
> Thunderbird and all is well.
>
> This morning people tell me they cannot get their email using their
> mobile telephones  :  K9 Mail
>
> I have reverted the SSL cert back to the old one just in case.
> Thunderbird will works.
>

> Dovecot 1:1.2.15-7 running on Debian 6
>
> The messages in the logs are:
>
> Jan  9 10:11:37 logout dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected (no auth
> attempts): rip=90.131.95.130, lip=88.119.95.13, TLS: Disconnected
> Jan  9 10:11:38 logout dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected (no auth
> attempts): rip=90.131.95.130, lip=88.119.95.13, TLS: Disconnected
>
> In dovecot.conf I have this set :
>
> disable_plaintext_auth = no
>
> And the auth default mechanisms are set to:
>   mechanisms = plain login
>
> What is strange is the only item that changed is the SSL cert, which has
> since been changed back to the old one (which has expired... ^^).
>
> Any ideas where I may look or change?
>
> Regards, S

if you only changed the crt etc, and youre sure you did everything right

perhaps you have forgot adding a needed intermediate cert ?

read here
http://www.trustico.co.uk/install/how-to-install-ssl-certificate.php

Required Intermediate Certificates (CA Certificates)

To successfully install your SSL Certificate you may be required to
install an Intermediate CA Certificate. Please review the above
installation instructions carefully to determine if an Intermediate CA
Certificate is required, how to obtain it and correctly import it into
your system. For more information please Contact Us.
Alternatively, and for systems not covered by the above installation
instructions, please use our Intermediate Certificate Wizard to find the
correct CA Certificate or Root Bundle that is required for your SSL
Certificate to function correctly. Find Out More Information
--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria