[Dovecot] Providing shared folders with multiple backend servers

Sven Hartge sven at svenhartge.de
Mon Jan 9 15:52:27 EET 2012

Stan Hoeppner <stan at hardwarefreak.com> wrote:
> On 1/8/2012 3:07 PM, Sven Hartge wrote:

>> Ah, I forgot: I _already_ have the mechanisms in place to statically
>> redirect/route accesses for users to different backends, since some
>> of the users are already redirected to a different mailsystem at
>> another location of my university.

> I assume you mean IMAP/POP connections, not SMTP.

Yes. perdition uses its popmap feature to redirect users of the other
location to the IMAP/POP servers there. So we only need one central
mailserver for the users to configure while we are able to physically
store their mails at different datacenters.

> I'm guessing no one else has interest in this thread, or maybe simply
> lost interest as the replies have been lengthy, and not wholly Dovecot
> related.  I accept some blame for that.

I will open a new thread with more concrete problems/questions after I
setup my test setup. This will be more technical and less philosphical,
I hope :)

Grüße,
Sven

--