[Dovecot] Postfix user map

Noel noeldude at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 21:04:13 EET 2012

On 1/9/2012 12:09 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 9.1.2012, at 17.32, Noel wrote:
>
> Cool.
> Does this just check for valid user existence, or can it also check
> for over-quota (and respond 500 overquota I suppose)?
> Hmm. That looked potentially useful, but Postfix doesn't seem to support it at least that way, since the message to SMTP client is the same regardless of what I add after 500 reply. Also that would have required me to move the code somewhere else from auth process, since auth doesn't know the quota usage. And internally Dovecot would still have had to do auth lookup separately, so there's really no benefit in doing this vs. having Postfix do two lookups.

How about a separate TCP lookup for quota status?  This would be
really useful for sites that don't have that information in a shared
sql table (or no SQL in postfix), and get rid of kludgy policy
services used to check quota status.

This would be used with a check_recipient_access table, response
would be something like:
200 DUNNO quota OK
200 REJECT user over quota
500 user not found