[Dovecot] Server Time 45min ahead

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Thu Jan 12 13:57:05 EET 2012

* maximus12 <info_postfix at gmx.ch>:

> Thanks a lot for your quick response.
>
> I thought that dovecot won't start until the server time reaches the time
> before the "time jump".
>
> From your point of view dovecot will start normally if I adjust the time
> when dovecot is stopped?

Don't take my word for it, but I think the behaviour is this:

* dovecot is running, time jumps backwards -> dovecot exits
* dovecot is not running, time jumps backwards -> dovecot can be started

It also depends on your dovecot version, see
http://wiki.dovecot.org/TimeMovedBackwards

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
  Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin