[Dovecot] Using Dovecot-auth to return error code 450 (or other 4xx) to Postfix when user is on vacation

Fri Jan 13 20:03:36 EET 2012

On 2012-01-13 12:11 PM, IVO GELOV (CRM) <ivo at crm.walltopia.com> wrote:
> I am aware of the various autoresponder scripts for vacation autoreplies
> (I am using Virtual Vacation 3.1 by Mischa Peters).
> I have an issue with auto-replies - it is vulnerable to spamming with
> forged email address.

I think you are using an extremely old/outdated version...

The latest version would not suffer this problem, because it has a lot
of message types that it will *not* respond to, including messages
appearing to be from yourself...

Get the latest version fro the postfixadmin package.

However, I don't know how to use it without also using postfixadmin (it
creates databases for storing the vacation message, etc)...

--

Best regards,

Charles