[Dovecot] MySQL server has gone away

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Sat Jan 14 10:01:12 EET 2012

Am 14.01.2012 01:19, schrieb Paul B. Henson:
> On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 11:38:28AM -0800, Robert Schetterer wrote:
>
>> by the way , if you use sql for auth have you tried auth caching ?
>>
>> http://wiki.dovecot.org/Authentication/Caching
>
> Hmm, hadn't tried that, but flipped it on to see how it might work out.
> The only tradeoff is a potential delay between when an account is
> disabled and when it can stop authenticating. I set the timeout to 10
> minutes for now, with an hour timeout for negative caching.

dont know if i unserstand you right

perhaps this is what you mean, i use this with/cause fail2ban

# TTL for negative hits (user not found, password mismatch).
# 0 disables caching them completely.

auth_cache_negative_ttl = 0

> That page says you can send a USR2 signal to the auth process for cache
> stats? That doesn't seem to work. OTOH, that page is for version 1, not
> 2; is there some other way to generate cache stats in version 2?

auth cache works with dove 2, no idea about dove 1 ,didnt test, but i
guess it does

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer