[Dovecot] Trying to get metadata plugin working

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jan 16 20:33:44 EET 2012

On 16.1.2012, at 20.26, Thomas Koch wrote:

> Timo Sirainen:
>> Use %h/ instead of ~/
>
> Hi Timo,
>
> it doesn't expand either %h nor %%h.

Oh, right, wrong place. If you make it go through proxy, it doesn't do any expansion. It's then accessed by the "dict" process (which probably runs as "dovecot" user).

You could instead use something like:

 metadata_dict = file:%h/Maildir/shared-metadata

> When I hardcode the path to my dev user's
> homedir I get a permission error. After hardcoding it to /tmp/shared-metadata
> the file gets at least written, but the content looks strange:
>
> shared/mailbox/7c2ae515102e144f172d0000d1887b74/shared//vendor/kolab/folder-
> test
> true

I haven't really looked at what the metadata plugin actually does..