[Dovecot] imap-login process_limit reached

Michael Orlitzky michael at orlitzky.com
Tue Jan 17 17:01:45 EET 2012

On 01/17/12 09:58, Michael Orlitzky wrote:

> Using -a shows you all settings, as they're running in your
> installation. That's the defaults, except where they're overwritten by
> your config.
>
> I was asking for the defaults regardless of what's in my config file, so
> that I don't have to deduce them from the combined doveconf output & my
> config file.

In other words, I don't want to have to do this:

  mail2 ~ # touch empty-config.conf
  mail2 ~ # doveconf -a -c empty-config.conf | grep limit | head
  doveconf: Error: ssl enabled, but ssl_cert not set
  doveconf: Error: ssl enabled, but ssl_cert not set
  doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file empty-config.conf: ssl
    enabled, but ssl_cert not set
  default_client_limit = 1000
  default_process_limit = 100
  default_vsz_limit = 256 M
  recipient_delimiter = +
    client_limit = 0
    process_limit = 1
    vsz_limit = 18446744073709551615 B
    client_limit = 1
    process_limit = 0
    vsz_limit = 18446744073709551615 B

to find out that the default process limit isn't 1000.