[Dovecot] Problems sending email direct into publich folders

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jan 19 21:31:57 EET 2012

On 19.1.2012, at 14.02, Bohlken, Henning wrote:

> i want to send mails direct into a public folder. If i send an email via my local postfix the mail will be handled as a normal private mail. Dovecot does create a mailbox in the private Namespace and do use not the mailbox in public one.

Depends on how you want to do this.. For example all mails intended to be put to public namespace could be sent to a "publicuser" named user, which has write permissions to the public namespace. Then you'll simply create a sieve script for the publicuser which redirects the mails to the wanted folder (e.g. fileinto "public/hrztest").