[Dovecot] shared folder files not displaying in thunderbird

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jan 19 23:29:34 EET 2012

On 19.1.2012, at 23.03, Eric Broch wrote:

>> Have you checked if the files are actually still there in the maildir?
> I've done a list (ls -la) of the directory where the files reside
> (path.to.share.sub.dir/cur). They exist.
>> You can check if this is a server problem or a client problem by running: doveadm fetch -u user at domain uid mailbox project.missing.sub.folder all
> I did this per your instructions and there is no output.

Try "touch path.to/cur" and the doveadm fetch again. Does it help?

If not, there's some kind of a mismatch between what you think is happening in Dovecot and what is happening in filesystem. I'd like to know the exact full path and the mailbox name then. (Or you could run doveadm through strace and see if it's accessing the intended directory.)