[Dovecot] where is subscribed list stored?

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Sun Jan 22 22:58:03 EET 2012

On 1/22/2012 7:55 AM, Michael Makuch wrote:

> Anyone seen this happen? It looks like the list of subscribed folders is
> here ~/Mail/.subscriptions and I can see in my daily backup that it
> reflects what appears in TBird. What might be zapping it? I use multiple
> email clients simultaneously on different hosts. (IOW I leave them open)
> Is this a problem? Does dovecot manage that in some way? Or is that my
> problem? I don't think this is the problem since this only occurs like a
> few times per year. If it were the problem I'd expect it to occur much
> more frequently.

What do your Dovecot logs and TB Activity Manager tell you, if anything?
 How about logging on the other MUAs?

You are a human being, and are thus limited to physical interaction with
a single host at any point in time.  How are you "using" multiple MUAs
on multiple hosts simultaneously?  Can you describe this workflow?  I'm
guessing you're performing some kind of automated tasks with each MUA,
and that is likely the root of the problem.  Please describe these
automated tasks.

--
Stan