[Dovecot] change smtp port

Mon Jan 23 16:50:09 EET 2012

On 2012-01-23 9:41 AM, Giles Coochey <giles at coochey.net> wrote:
> On 2012-01-23 14:38, Amira Othman wrote:
>> And there is no way to receive incoming emails not on port 25 ?

> No.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_Mail_Transfer_Protocol

Well, not precisely correct...

You *could* use a router that does port translation (translates incoming
port 25 connections to port 587), but that would be extremely ugly and
kludgy and I certainly don't recommend it.

Amira - what you need to do is re-enable port 25, and then enable the
submission service (port 587) at the same time (just uncomment the
relevant lines in master.cf), and require your users to use the
submission port for relaying their mail.

--

Best regards,

Charles