[Dovecot] Persistence of UIDs

Jean-Daniel Beaubien jd.beaubien at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 03:40:16 EET 2012

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> >> in
> >> and
> >>
> >> Dovecot should already have such cache. If there are problems with
> that, I
> >> think it would be better to fix it on Dovecot's side rather than adding
> >> second cache.
> >>

> > Very true.  Has there been many search/index improvements since 1.0.9? I
> > read thru the release notes but nothing jumped out at me.
>
> Disk I/O usage is the same probably, CPU usage is less in newer versions.

> searching
> >>
> >> Maybe enable fts-solr or fts-lucene? (Both work much better in v2.1.)
> >>

> > I was under the impression that lucene was for full-text search. I'm just
> > doing simple from/to field searches.
>
> In v2.1 from/to fields are also searched via FTS.

Ok, I managed to compile 2.1 rc5 on an old ubuntu 8.04 without any issue.
However, the config file is giving me a bit of a hard time, I'll figure
this part out tomorrow.

I'd just like to confirm that there is no risk to the actual mail data is
ever something is badly configured when I start dovecot 2.1.  I am managing
this old server on my spare time for a friend, so I don't want to loose
2million+ emails and have to deal with those consequences :)