[Dovecot] IMAP to Maildir Migration preserving UIDs?

Gedalya gedalya at gedalya.net
Thu Jan 26 15:11:32 EET 2012

On 01/26/2012 07:06 AM, Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 2012-01-25 11:31 PM, Gedalya <gedalya at gedalya.net> wrote:
>> This leaves me with the option of reading the mailboxes using IMAP.
>> There are tools like offlineimap or mbsync,
>
> Not familiar with those, but I think imapsync will do what you want?
>
> http://imapsync.lamiral.info/
>
> I do see that it references those two though...

As I understand, there is no way an IMAP-to-IAMP process can preserve
UIDs, since new UIDs are assigned for every message by the target server.
Also, imapsync found 0 messages in all mailboxes on my evil
to-be-eliminated server, something I didn't bother troubleshooting much.
Timo's idea sounds interesting, time to look into 2.1 !