[Dovecot] auth-worker temporary failures causing lmtp 500 rejection

Mark Zealey Mark.Zealey at webfusion.com
Thu Jan 26 16:37:49 EET 2012

I've tried reproducing by having long running auth queries in the sql and KILLing them on the server, restarting the mysql service, and setting max auth workers to 1 and running 2 sessions at the same time (with long-running auth queries), but to no effect. There must be something else going on here; I saw it in particular when exim on our frontend servers had queued a large number of messages and suddenly released them all at once hence the auth-worker hypothesis although the log messages do not support this. I'll try to see if I can trigger this manually although we have been doing some massively parallel testing previously and not seen this.

Mark