[Dovecot] v2.1.rc5 released

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Thu Jan 26 22:51:02 EET 2012

On 1/25/2012 6:01 PM, The Doctor wrote:
> BSD/OS 4.3.1

A defunct/dead operating system, last released in 2003, support
withdrawn in 2004.  BSDI went belly up.  Wind River acquired and then
killed BSD/OS.  You're using a dead, 9 year old OS, that hasn't seen
official updates for 8 years.

Do you think it's fair to ask application developers to support the
oddities of your one-of-a-kind, ancient, patchwork of a platform?

We've had this discussion before.  And I don't believe you ever provided
a sane rational for continuing to use an OS that's been officially dead
for 8 years.  What is the reason you are unable or unwilling to migrate
to a newer and supported no cost BSD variant, or Linux distro?

You're trying to run bleeding edge Dovecot, compiling it from source, on
an 8 year old platform...

--
Stan