[Dovecot] IMAP to Maildir Migration preserving UIDs?

Gedalya gedalya at gedalya.net
Fri Jan 27 02:17:42 EET 2012

On 01/26/2012 07:06 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

>>> gdb backtrace would be helpful. You should be able to get that by running (as root):
>>>
>> 213    mailbox-log.c: No such file or directory.
>>     in mailbox-log.c
>> (gdb) bt full
>> #0  mailbox_log_iter_open_next (iter=0x80cbd90) at mailbox-log.c:213
>> No locals.
>> #1  0xb7fa7dd4 in mailbox_log_iter_init (log=0x0) at mailbox-log.c:239
>>         iter = 0x80cbd90
>> #2  0x0806ffd3 in dsync_worker_get_list_mailbox_log (list=0x80b6180, worker=0x80c3138) at dsync-worker-local.c:316
> Ah, right, dsync really wants index files. Of course it shouldn't crash, I'll fix that, but you should be able to work around it:
>
> rm -rf /tmp/imapc
> doveadm -o imapc_user=USERNAME -o imapc_password=PASSWORD backup -R imapc:/tmp/imapc

# doveadm -o imapc_user=jedi at example.com -o imapc_password=***** backup
-u jedi at example.com -R imapc:/tmp/imapc
dsync(jedi at example.com): Error: Failed to sync mailbox Drafts: STATUS
cannot access mailbox Drafts
dsync(jedi at example.com): Fatal: dsync backup: Looks like you're trying
to run backup in wrong direction. Source is empty and destination is not.

To be clear, I am trying to pull all the mailboxes from the old server
on to this dovecot server, which has no mailboxes populated yet. It
looks like this command would be pushing the messages from here to the
imapc_host rather than pulling?