[Dovecot] LMTP : Can't handle mixed proxy/non-proxy destinations

Alexis Lelion alexis.lelion at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 11:24:02 EET 2012

On 1/28/12, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> On 27.1.2012, at 12.59, Alexis Lelion wrote:
>
>> Jan 25 09:05:12 mail01 postfix/lmtp[23934]: A92709300DB: to=<
>> user_on_mail02 at domain.com>, relay=mail01.domain.com[private/dovecot-lmtp],
>> delay=0.07, delays=0.01/0/0/0.06, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (host
>> mail01.domain.com[private/dovecot-lmtp] said: 451 4.3.0 <
>> user_on_mail02 at domain.com> Can't handle mixed proxy/non-proxy destinations
>>
>> I was wondering if there was another way of handling this, for example
>> by triggering an immediate queue lookup from postfix or forwarding a
>> copy of the mail to the other server. Note that the postfix
>> "queue_run_delay" was increased to 15min on purpose, so I cannot change
>> that.
>
> It would be possible to change the code to support mixed destinations, but
> it's probably not a simple change and I have other things to do..
Yes I understand, this is a quite specific request, and not that
impacting actually. But it would be cool if you could keep this
request somewhere in your queue :-)

> Maybe you could work around it so that LMTP always proxies the mails, to
> localhost as well, but to a different port which doesn't do proxying at all.
Actually this was my first try, but I had proxying loops because
unlike for IMAP, the LMTP server doesn't seem to support 'proxy_maybe'
option yet, does it?