[Dovecot] doveadm + dsync merging

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jan 6 14:26:37 EET 2012

On Thu, 2011-12-29 at 15:19 +0100, Pascal Volk wrote:
> >> b) Don't have the dsync prefix:
> >>
> >> dsync mirror -> doveadm mirror
> >> dsync backup -> doveadm backup
> >> dsync server -> doveadm dsync-server (could be hidden from the doveadm commands list)

I did this now, with mirror -> sync.

> I'd prefer doveadm commands with the dsync prefix. (a)) Because:
>
>   * doveadm already has other 'command groups' like mailbox, director …
>   * that's the way to avoid command clashes (w/o hiding anything)

There are already many mail related commands that don't have any prefix.
For example I think "doveadm import" and "doveadm backup" are quite
related. Also "dsync" is perhaps more about the internal implementation,
so in future it's possible that sync/backup works some other way..