[Dovecot] A small bug and a question about CONTEXT=SEARCH

Anders ath at b-one.net
Tue Jan 10 16:05:14 EET 2012

Hi,

I have been looking at search and sorting with dovecot and have run into
some things.

The first one I think may be a minor bug because a set of commands
result in

the socket connection being closed without warning:

UID SEARCH RETURN (SAVE COUNT) CHARSET UTF-8 (UNDELETED TEXT "foo")

UID SEARCH RETURN (COUNT MIN) CHARSET UTF-8 () $

The empty paranthesis before the reference to the previous search result
($) is

not legal IMAP, but should not cause the socket to be closed I think.

Then I have question about RFC5267 and the announcement of
CONTEXT=SEARCH

in the capabilities. I think this RFC is supported by dovecot, or maybe
just

part of the RFC is supported?

At least when I include the CONTEXT ADDTO or REMOVEFROM keywords I get
an error,

but UPDATE and CANCELUPDATE seem to be supported. The RFC has been
updated by

the RFC describing the NOTIFY extension to IMAP so maybe it has been
decided to

not add these keywords until a later time?

I am using dovecot version 2.0.15 (with patches from Apple).

Best Regards

Anders