[Dovecot] dsync panic

Jürgen Obermann Juergen.Obermann at hrz.uni-giessen.de
Tue Jan 10 17:49:40 EET 2012

Am 20.12.2011 06:45, schrieb Timo Sirainen:
> On 16.12.2011, at 0.00, Jürgen Obermann wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> when I try to convert from mbox to mdbox with dsync with one user it
>> always panics:
>>
>> # /opt/local/bin/dsync -v -u userxy backup ssh root at minerva1
>> /opt/local/bin/dsync -v -u userxy
>> dsync-remote(userxy): Panic: Trying to allocate 2147483648 bytes
>
> Well, this is clearly the problem.. But it's difficult to guess where
> it's allocating that. I'd need a gdb backtrace. Does it write a core
> file to userxy's home dir? If not, try replacing dsync with a script
> that runs "ulimit -c unlimited" first and then execs dsync.
> http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html tells what to do with core once you
> have it.
>
> Alternative idea: Does it crash also when dsyncing locally?
> gdb --args dsync -u userxy backup mdbox:/tmp/foobar
> run
> bt full

Sorry, this problem is gone, I cannot reproduce it any more, neither
locally nor with remote dsync. I found out that the user has one huge
mail in his drafts folder with a 1GB video object attachment, but he
surely never could send this mail because the mail size is limited to
50MB.
Greetings, Jürgen
--
Jürgen Obermann