[Dovecot] [Dovecot 2.1] ACL plugin makes imap service crash when using some clients

interfaSys sàrl interfasys at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 03:03:46 EET 2012

Hello,

I've just noticed that when Horde is connecting to Dovecot 2.1, it
crashes the imap service if Dovecot is configured to use the ACL plugin.
I'm not sure what's so special about the command Horde sends, but it
shouldn't make Dovecot crash. Everything is fine when using Thunderbird.

Here is the message in Dovecot's logs
"Fatal: master: service(imap): child 89974 killed with signal 11 (core
not dumped)"

The message says that the core is not dumped, even though I did add
drop_priv_before_exec=yes to my config file.

I've tried connecting to the pid using gdb, but the process just hangs
as soon as I'm connected.

Cheers,

Olivier