[Dovecot] Outlook 2010 very slow when using IMAP - are there any tweaks?

Mon Jul 2 18:54:07 EEST 2012

On 2012-07-02 11:39 AM, Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
wrote:
>> though this is a bit of a side question, has anybody had an issue
>> while running Outlook 2010 with Dovecot?

> No because i don't use that shit and enforce anyone not to do this.
>
> Outlook is terrible and even worse with imap. It is not Dovecot fault
> and have nothing to Dovecot.
>
> Just replace Outlook with real MUA that actually works.

Please don't be an ass - if you can't help with the actual problem, just
keep comments like this to yourself.

Many companies require Outlook, and the fact is, as an EXCHANGE client,
Outlook works extremely well. I agree that as a standalone IMAP client
it isn't the best, but 2010 is much better than 2003 and earlier versions...

--

Best regards,

Charles