[Dovecot] Authentication failed (migrate from 2.0.13 to 2.0.17)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jul 3 07:54:02 EEST 2012

On 3.7.2012, at 7.37, Dovecot user wrote:

> There's no way to troubleshoot this error ?

Set auth_debug_passwords=yes and show all of the log entries from a failed login. Preferably use a test password so it won't be exposed. :)

> I use the same config
> file for dovecot 2.0.13, all works.
> Perhaps in 2.0.17, something is
> missing in my config file, or there's new keyword... ??

No, the configuration is identical between those version. The CRAM-MD5 code is also identical between those versions. I guess there could be some other seemingly unrelated change that might have broken it for some reason.