[Dovecot] Authentication failed (migrate from 2.0.13 to 2.0.17)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jul 3 08:20:13 EEST 2012

On 3.7.2012, at 8.00, Dovecot user wrote:

> I tried to do the same 'dovecot -n' (dovecot 2.0.13, same config
> file) :

Oh, are you saying that the difference isn't just the Dovecot version, but that they are completely different systems with (somewhat) different settings also? That's much more likely the problem than the version number.

> Is it normal that there are no lines :
> "default_internal_user = _dovecot" & "default_login_user = _dovenull"

Normal enough. It's then using the Dovecot's defaults which are "dovecot" and "dovenull".

> I will try "auth_debug_passwords=yes", keep you informed.

Look at this output in your 2.0.13 setup and in 2.0.17 setup and see what the differences are.