[Dovecot] Outlook 2010 very slow when using IMAP - are there any tweaks?

J E Lyon role.Dovecot-Readers at JLAssocs.com
Tue Jul 3 13:57:02 EEST 2012

On 3 Jul 2012, at 11:51, Kaya Saman wrote:

> Yeah, it seems to be M$ implementation of IMAP. I don't think that
> there's anything anyone can do.... Outlook seems to wait after each
> transmission (found using Wireshark).

Is the client syncing more than it has to?  I mean, putting aside the delays in waiting on each transmission, is it generating traffic that shouldn't even be required? Still might not present a solution (short of unsubscribing much data) but I'm mindful of the oddity that disabling automatic send/receive makes such a difference.

James.