[Dovecot] error: director left/right disconnected

Daniel Parthey daniel.parthey at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Thu Jul 5 01:02:28 EEST 2012

Patrick Westenberg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> yesterday I set up a second director and even it works fine, some
> errors occur in the logfile on the new director:
>
> director: Error: Director 172.17.1.3:9090/left disconnected
> director: Error: Director 172.17.1.3:9090/right disconnected
>
> 172.17.1.3 belongs to the first director which has no errors.
>
> Where is the problem?

Are you using different instances for director
and mailboxes, or do you run them on dedicated hosts?

Can you telnet to the director port from one host to another?
172.17.1.3# telnet 172.17.1.4 9090
172.17.1.4# telnet 172.17.1.3 9090

Is the ring connected correctly now?
What does "doveadm -c director.conf director ring status" show?

How often did these "disconnected" log entries appear, only once
or repeatedly?

Regards
Daniel
--