[Dovecot] dovecot and nfs readdir vs readdirplus operations

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jul 5 17:46:12 EEST 2012

On 5.7.2012, at 15.55, Angel L. Mateo wrote:

> 	Concluding... in my systems, with users with hugh mail folders (thousands of mails) in maildir format, disabling rdirplus with mount options (mount option nordirplus) increases performance (maybe we could do more precise test and this could be documented in dovecot's nfs documentation)

BTW. What NFS server are you using? The problem is mainly on the server side, so would be useful to know which NFS server implementations (if any?) can handle readdirplus without such a huge performance loss. Mainly I'm wondering about NetApp, since that's what most large Dovecot NFS installations use.