[Dovecot] dovecot and nfs readdir vs readdirplus operations

Frank Bonnet f.bonnet at esiee.fr
Fri Jul 6 08:52:41 EEST 2012

I don't think there are NFS special options on NetApp filers
but you can use ethernet jumbo frames to boost network
access between your server and the filer.

You also can use iSCSI between server and filer  but it will
waste a lot of disk space on the Ontap volume.

I use NFS between a FreeBSD server and a 3210 netapp
I use MBOX format , inboxes are living on the local raid
array of the server and IMAP folders are located on a NetApp
dedicated volume NFS mounted.

The netapp filler has an amazing capacity to support very high
load due to special cache hardware (nvram) we have
only one 3210 that support  all users's data + softwares of our users (2000)
it never failed on slowdown accesses.