[Dovecot] Dsync replication

list at airstreamcomm.net list at airstreamcomm.net
Fri Jul 6 23:28:38 EEST 2012

On 7/5/12 10:08 PM, Костырев Александр Алексеевич wrote:
> use the search, Luke)
>
> http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2012-March/064512.html
> this thread was all that I needed to setup replication for testing.

Thanks, that certainly helps identify the configuration options. However
I am more concerned about the experiences of others who have actually
used the replication.  What is the rate of change on your mail cluster,
how many concurrent users do you support with replication enabled, do
you use synchronous or asynchronous replication, are you using it in an
active/active or active/passive state, is it possible to have a cluster
with multiple servers at each site hosting the same mail data, does
dysnc replication scale well (10,000 -> 100,000 -> 1,000,000 users)?
Just trying to get a good feel for whether dsync replication is capable
of handling the use case I am proposing before investing too much time
in testing it.