[Dovecot] Howto add another disk storage

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Mon Jul 9 11:33:07 EEST 2012

Am 09.07.2012 10:17, schrieb Reindl Harald:

> Am 09.07.2012 07:48, schrieb Wojciech Puchar:
>>> disagreed with my statement, then agreed with it.  Apparently you didn't
>>> realize you did so.  Would you please clarify what I stated that is
>>> "simply not true"?  You comment WRT SSD doesn't prove anything I said to
>>> be untrue.  Quite the contrary, you reinforced my statements.
>>>
>> Actually the only storage i use are mainstream SATA drives
>
> ouch - that said and your offlist discussion why SAN storages
> are crap for you gives a picture - nobody, really nobody is
> using SATA for any production-storage

Hi, sorry SATA is running fine here,
by the way please show tec detail measures
about filesystems , different storages, hardware envolved
and tec evidence for your discusions related to dovecot.

I know this is a difficult theme, and test results
may controversial, but it shouldnt be a point for hot flames
so it may be better, doing it offlist.

Meanwhile why dont just post real working storage/filesystems examples
with big used dovecot setups, which may help everybody, perhaps in the wiki

After all we decide doing a big test setup to clear
all this questions.

--
Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer