[Dovecot] Howto add another disk storage

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jul 9 12:50:51 EEST 2012

Am 09.07.2012 11:41, schrieb Wojciech Puchar:
>>> using SATA for any production-storage
>>>

>> Hi, sorry SATA is running fine here,
>
> as well here.
>
> Many people just want to be proud, or want to make things expensive so their clients are proud. but not always it's
> like that.

oh yeah show me the SATA drives with dual-channel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_Attached_SCSI
Dual ports allowing redundant paths

in the case of a drive-failure all your cheapiness will strike back

what you do not realize that expensive hardware is NOTHING to be proud of
having a business means things have to run 365 days without downtimes
and as redundant as possible especially in failure cases