[Dovecot] different mail_max_userip settings

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Tue Jul 10 11:15:06 EEST 2012

On 7/10/2012 2:24 AM, Federico Bianchi wrote:

> Is it possible to have mail_max_userip set to a value for localhost
> (webmail) and to another value for everything else?

mail_max_userip as the name suggests is a per user IMAP socket
connection limit.  So you should be able to set it to one value that
satisfies the requirements of both the webmail app and your various MUAs.

For instance, Thunderbird opens 5 connections by default last I checked.
 Say your webmail app or IMAP proxy between webmail and Dovecot makes
one connection per user.  Setting mail_max_userip to 6 should allow a
user to simultaneously connect from both TBird and webmail without
causing problems.

Is this the type of problem you're trying to solve, or is it not this
but something related?

--
Stan