[Dovecot] managesieve segfault with gold linker

Eray Aslan eray.aslan at caf.com.tr
Fri Jul 13 16:38:00 EEST 2012

On 07/13/2012 12:53 PM, Stephan Bosch wrote:
> http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-2.1-pigeonhole/rev/6ceeb6421231

Still no go with binutils-2.22.  make check fails with the same error
message.  Telnetting and issuing checkscript gives not a segfault but
some parser error.

> I can't reproduce this (on Debian stable). How exactly did you configure
> dovecot sources to use ld.gold? I just installed the binutils-gold
> package, but I get the impression that ld.gold may not actually be used.

Make sure /usr/bin/ld is a symlink to /usr/bin/ld.gold and not to ld.bfd
- which it should if you installed binutils-gold.

> Also, perhaps this is caused by a version difference (mine is GNU gold
> (GNU Binutils for Debian 2.20.1-system.20100303) 1.9).

I can't check binutils-2.20 easily.  I did check linking with gold with
binutils-2.21, binutils-2.22 and binutils-2.22.52.0.4.  All fail.

> I get the impression that this is an LD bug, but I do like to be sure.

Aye, that's my impression as well.  I'll try to find out more but I will
be on vacation for a few days so it might not be quick.  In the
meantime, if you make any headway, please let me know.  Thank you.

--
Eray Aslan <eras at gentoo.org>