[Dovecot] Issues with Plus addressing and detail part of subaddress.

Sean Kamath kamath at moltingpenguin.com
Mon Jul 16 02:10:57 EEST 2012

On Jul 15, 2012, at 1:27 PM, Tom Hendrikx wrote:

> On 15-07-12 13:34, Charles Marcus wrote:
>> On 2012-07-15 4:50 AM, Sean Kamath <kamath at moltingpenguin.com> wrote:
>>> Before I dive in and upgrade everything, am I missing something simple?
>>
>> dovecot -n output maybe?
>
> Adding some log output of a message that, according to you, should have
> been delivered to folder Bar but ended up somewhere else, would be nice
> too.
> Be sure to include both logging of dovecot and the MTA talking to
> dovecot (you didn't mention which one).

Heh.  I spent 1/2 an hour rerunning all the tests, gathering detailed logs, the whole nine yards and then, as an afterthought, added this:

Here's the relevant portion of my sendmail.mc file for the MAILER definition of dovecot-lda:

FEATURE(`local_procmail', `/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda',`/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda -d $u')
MODIFY_MAILER_FLAGS(`LOCAL', `-f')
MAILER(procmail)

Sure enough, since there is no "X-Original-To" header in the messages, and I don't specify the -a option to dovecot-lda, there's failure.

Does anyone happen to know the right way to get that full address through?  The only note about anything remotely related to this is in the dovecot-lda which states that -d is not necessary with system users (all my accounts will be system users).

Sean