[Dovecot] Append with literal+ and mailbox over quota

Ewald Dieterich ewald.lists at fun.de
Thu Jul 19 18:21:18 EEST 2012

On 07/19/12 13:16, Ewald Dieterich wrote:
> I'm appending a mail with literal+ to a mailbox that is over quota:
>
> 1 APPEND INBOX {127+}
[...]
> 1 NO [OVERQUOTA] Quota exceeded (mailbox for user is full)
> 2 NOOP
> 1 BAD Error in IMAP command APPEND: Invalid arguments.
> 3 NOOP
> 3 OK NOOP completed.
>
> Somehow the first NOOP is considered to be part of the already failed
> APPEND. I have to add an empty line after to NO response for the NOOP to
> work:
>
> 1 APPEND INBOX {127+}
[...]
> 1 NO [OVERQUOTA] Quota exceeded (mailbox for user is full)
>
> 2 NOOP
> 2 OK NOOP completed.
>
> Can somebody confirm this to be bug?

I think I'm just confused because Dovecot sends the NO reply before I
finish the string literal. In the first case I send an invalid string
literal (which Dovecot tries to interpret as a MULTIAPPEND) and in the
second case I finish the string literal correctly with CRLF. So I guess
everything is OK.