[Dovecot] Remove leading and trailing spaces from folder names?

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Fri Jul 20 01:13:03 EEST 2012

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 23:27:31 +0200
Ralf Hildebrandt articulated:

> * Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>:
>
> > do you really think that he migrates to exchange
> > because he have fun with it?
>
> It seems to be a well known restriction, and folder names with
> leading or trailing spaces do indeed make little sense. In all cases
> those that I found were typos.

I posted on the MS TechNet site an was told that there doesn't appear
to be any support for it. Does anyone know of an actual RFC that
specifically deals with this? I could not find one, but it was just a
quick perusal. Personally, I agree with Reindl. Leading spaces don't
seem to make any sense at all and I have not figured out why I would
want a trailing one either.

--
Jerry ♔