[Dovecot] maildir_copy_with_hardlinks on v.2.0.19

Tue Jul 24 15:11:04 EEST 2012

On 2012-07-23 3:12 PM, mailing list subscriber wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 2:59 PM, mailing list subscriber wrote:
>> I'm trying to get the so-called "single instance store" (I think cyrus
>> has got the name for the first time) with dovecot --version = 2.0.19
>> binary package installed from ubuntu 12.04 lts official repo.

> As requested, here is my update. As you can see I am running now the
> latest release however emails delivered through lmtp gets split into
> different files instead of expected hardlinked files.
>
> Please pay attention as I'm commenting in-between different pasted
 > outputs:
>
> # 2.1.8 (30b0d6b1c581): /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf

Well, apparently you haven't enabled SIS - it requires explicitly
setting "mail_attachment_dir" (also be aware, this only applies to
*attachments*, the messages themselves (email body, headers, etc) are
still stored separately), but I discovered that this doesn't seem to be
documented in the wiki either, so not surprising you missed it - I only
found one reference in one email list thread:

http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2012-March/064390.html

Hth...

--

Best regards,